Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-13-2022, 10:24 PM   #1
clandestine3458
clandestine3458 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb Add Subfolders as Subgroup Names When Adding Books From Folders

Hi, there.

I learned how to manage book categories by using subgroups from this documentation. It is really one of the best features of Calibre for me.

However, when importing hundreds of books from folders, it can be quite tiresome to assign books to particular subgroups since it can only be done manually, correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope there would be a feature that will automatically add subfolders as subgroups when importing books from folders.

Thanks.
clandestine3458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:37 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestine3458 View Post
Hi, there.

I learned how to manage book categories by using subgroups from this documentation. It is really one of the best features of Calibre for me.

However, when importing hundreds of books from folders, it can be quite tiresome to assign books to particular subgroups since it can only be done manually, correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope there would be a feature that will automatically add subfolders as subgroups when importing books from folders.

Thanks.
Not the solution, but a data tool that can later be used:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=278559
(only works during add, so you is outta luck for those in already)
Sinc I only added from folders from my initial Library Load (waaay back in 2010), AND my file system was Author/Title, there is not much sub-whatever available, if any. Maybe for Magazines or Manga?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Pre GetFileName I used a smart renamer to rename the files to include folderpath, which I dumped into book "title" via the Add books template, from there I used the Bulk Metadata Edit->Search and Replace (Regex mode) feature to extract strings from "title" and put them in "tags", "publisher" etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote