Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #1
willaful
Connoisseur
willaful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
calibre e-book viewer no longer has options

I was using an older version of calibre for a long time, but updated about a year ago. (And am currently on the latest version.) After the update, the e-book viewer changed to be completely option-less. Previously there were various buttons and arrows and a search bar. Now it does nothing but display the text.

Anything I can do about this? The main reason I even want a viewer is to be able to search the text.

I don't want to go back to an older version, because it had gotten very, very slow.
willaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by willaful View Post
I was using an older version of calibre for a long time, but updated about a year ago. (And am currently on the latest version.) After the update, the e-book viewer changed to be completely option-less. Previously there were various buttons and arrows and a search bar. Now it does nothing but display the text.

Anything I can do about this? The main reason I even want a viewer is to be able to search the text.

I don't want to go back to an older version, because it had gotten very, very slow.
With the Viewer active, press the ESC key and select Preferences and then go to Miscellaneous and select to turn on the toolbar.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2022, 03:32 PM   #3
willaful
Connoisseur
willaful began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you so much! I wish I had asked ages ago!
willaful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:57 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The toolbar presence can be toggled with Ctrl+F11, a feature that's been there since version 2.?.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:51 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Or you could have just read the manual.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/vie...-e-book-viewer

bernie
Quote:
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2022, 06:09 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
You are very welcome.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote