Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-31-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Light at the end of the Tunnel (thanks Loeki)

Ok so it's vague as usual but I just got this from Loeki.. I replied to the original email she sent me last week.

Keep hitting reload I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Loeki van der Lee [mailto:loeki.van.der.lee@irextechnologies.com]
Sent: 31 May 2006 11:33
To: Stuart Young
Subject: RE: The iLiad ER0100 Reader

Our Web shop will be open soon. You will receive a notification as soon as our Web shop is open.

Regards,

The iRex Technologies Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday 31 May 2006 11:44
To: Loeki van der Lee
Subject: RE: The iLiad ER0100 Reader

Hi Loeki sorry to bother you again.

Any news when the iLiad will be available?

thanks

/stuart
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Soon is a very flexible way of saying "later sometime in the future, we dont know when and if". Probably an automatic reply if "web shop and iliad" is mentioned in the mail
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2006, 06:53 AM   #3
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
What I want to know is why are they replying to you and not to me?

I have sent 3 emails. via 2 different addresses and not had a single reply (except from their auto-responder saying it will be replied to soon.

-- Edit just re-read that and though I should clarify:

Sorry thats not an attempt to discredit you, Onceways. Just a statement of annoyance. And the 3 emails were sent on different days (emailing them 3 times this morning would be more than rude).

Last edited by Riocaz; 05-31-2006 at 07:17 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Our Web shop will be open soon. You will receive a notification as soon as our Web shop is open.
As mentioned, it looks like a I-can't/want-to-say-anything-reply.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:41 AM   #5
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor

I'm actually starting to wish Mr Steve Jobs would bust out a nice ebook reader. Way off topic I know.
Advert
Old 05-31-2006, 07:46 AM   #6
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceways
I'm actually starting to wish Mr Steve Jobs would bust out a nice ebook reader. Way off topic I know.
nah. it would cost 5000 euros. and it would have circular scrollbars everywhere.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor

If you think about the way you turn a page with your fingers. An ipod control system may work well. Especially if the pages turned at speed.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
drogo
Connoisseur
drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.drogo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-500
I actually think that they (Apple) will come out with something soon.

iTunes has already shown itself to be well setup to distribute media to consumers. And I've heard of some people hacking iPods to display text files. It would be very easy for them to add ebooks to their lineup. It's really the only thing missing from a consumer-media point of view. They have music, movies, television, radio (podcasts).

I think it would be a pretty good device.

However, that being said, I think that what ali said is also true. Apple hardware is usually more expensive than the competition. I'd guess a price of around $800US.

But given the choice between an iliad and some "prediction-ware" device from Apple, there's only one choice.
drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor

The rate Irex is going the Sony Reader will be along song complete with major content deals.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See I have issues with both Sony and Apple. To the point where I simply wouldn't buy either.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:19 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I guess that means our only hope is the Communist Chinese ... ain't that a heck of a thing?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #12
Riocaz

True. But given the problems reported with the pc software I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:55 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm wondering how hackable the rascal will be ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #14
Riocaz

The iliad or the V2?

The iLiad very (it's linux based) dunno about the V2
Old 05-31-2006, 12:16 PM   #15
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
the v2 is linux as well...so it should be just as hackable...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote